Friday, December 19, 2008

Off the Rag & On the Mend

Okay, so I'm feeling a little bit better, thank God.

I must be wired like a man because there is a definite connection between my stomach and my heart.

And I hadn't been eating much at all for 4 days when everything had gone south in LisaLand.

I realize now that my uncommon pessimism was drawn out by my lack of sustenance. Hunger is always my Achielle's Heel and I forget that every time. Once, when I knew better, I insisted (to a boy that I was dating at the time) that he ought to always carry with him a granola bar for the purposes of emergency conflict resolution. Feeding me always does the trick.

So perhaps my sourpuss attitude was brought on by the fact that I couldn't keep anything down this week. I had started throwing up at Lija's bachelorette party, which was embarrassing to say the least--not only because I was jumping out of cars, puking out my brains, and holding up the traffic--but because I hadn't even sipped a bit of alcohol and yet was having all the adverse effects to just the thought of it. Irony! And even more: I had just about thrown up on the lawn of the aforementioned guy. Irony squared!

So I had my first meal on Wednesday, but unfortunately the damage had already been done on Tuesday night, and so when I had the energy to finally think clearly the next evening, I just channeled it all into a negative blog. Kaboom!

And while everything I wrote is something real that I experienced, I have experienced more since then...and it has been positive. So I'm willing to concede that my jury shall still deliberate.

No, I didn't have my period, but I couldn't resist keeping that line in the title of this blog. :-)