Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dreams of the Future

On Friday, I attended a future principal's conference, which filled my thoughts with delightful dreams of being a principal at a little Catholic school someday.

I went to the workshop with my friend Ruth, and when we arrived, I discovered that the guest speaker was my former 7th grade social studies teacher! She had worked her way up from being a teacher to being a principal and then finally the Executive Director of the agency that was offering this inservice. She is an amazing woman, one that I truly admire!

Later in the day, representatives from different universities arrived to advertise their masters and doctorate programs, and Millersville's rep was one of my beloved former professors! She hugged me as soon as she saw me, and I felt so amazed that she should remember me even though I only had one class with her!

It was such an inspirational day!! I have no immediate desire to be a principal because I absolutely LOVE teaching 7th grade math, but someday--perhaps when I'm in my 50's--I would like to do it! :-)