Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Do I really have time to hit the books?!

So I honestly can't believe how insanely busy I am. Why does my life always feel so crammed with activities, people, and things to do?

I am thankful for the opportunities I get, but today I actually became angry about always having to be in a rush or to have to sacrifice quality time with myself or others.

Because of my overloaded schedule, I had to cancel plans with a friend, say no to another's request for making me a home-made dinner tonight, postpone visiting my parents, and basically have no time to eat or exercise.

Evening grad classes began this week for me. Every other day, I have to leave school immediately after the students do, drive an hour or more to York (depending on traffic), and then sit through 3.5 hours of lecture.

By the time I make it home, it's 9 PM (or 10 PM, if I have to return to my classroom for lesson planning first), and--when it's finally time for me--then I have to pick between basic needs: eat and thus loose sleep or sleep and thus loose sustenance.

I haven't yet figured out where I'm going to find the time to do the research and write the papers that I need to. :-(

Right now I'm scrambling to pay bills, do laundry, and write up substitute plans for Friday. I almost abhor taking a personal day because of the preparations I have to make in order to do so, but once I'm in that car full of friends and headed South to Virginia Beach, my worries will melt away.

Right?