Friday, May 15, 2009

Missing Out on the Fun

I should be headed to Virginia right now.

But I'm not. :-(

I canceled the plans I've been SO EXCITED about for the last several months, all because I feel too busy. It makes me so sad, and last night was particularly gloomy for me.

Why do I have to always be the girl who's rushing through the hallways and doesn't have a moment to slow down and talk to a colleague? Why am I working through my lunch break?

Why do I feel bitter as I drive an hour to my evening grad class, knowing that I'm missing out on quality time I could be spending with my parents, friends, or even just myself during this glorious Springtime weather?

I will miss being with Abby, Grace, Becky, and Shannon this weekend. I can't believe I'm not stuffed into the car with them. I was looking forward to that road trip, and now it's happening without me. :-(