Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Voices in My Head

My dear reader, I just realized something beautiful last night.

Michael's voice is in my head!  This is a tremendous and beautiful discovery!

Now, before you go and think that I am absolutely crazy (or worry that I am in a controlling relationship, which I am definitely not), allow me to refresh your memory with a previous blog that I once wrote.

On a daily basis, I hear the loving voices of my parents in my head.  It's true!  Depending on the situation I happen to find myself in, I will hear my mother's voice caution me or remind me to notice details.  Or I will hear my father's voice that will reassure me and calm my fears.

It has been like this my whole life, and it is a huge blessing.  It is like they are with me, wherever I go, pointing the way and helping me navigate through life.  This they do quite literally as I am still blessed to have their presence in my life, but it is a notable gift that I should also be able to hear their voices in the inner most depths of my mind.

But theirs are not the only voices that I hear.  Or, maybe I should say feel.  For the these are not audible voices to perceive with the ears but instead voices that I hear with my heart.

I also feel the voice of my Heavenly Father sometimes, and His is the strong and loving voice which cuts right through to the heart of the matter and guides me clearly.  To really hear Him, I have to be willing to listen, and that usually consists of removing worldly distractions, especially noise.  Most of the time, I hear him as Father; but, other times it is as the Son.  Both are received through nothing less than the Holy Spirit.

Sometimes, although less often, I can feel Our Lady's voice, and hers always softens my being and brings me to tears.  I am always a better person after I've listened to her.

Hearing these voices feels similar to using my imagination, although I know it isn't that.  There is an independence and an originality to their words that I know is not my own.

I also hear the voice of my conscience, and this voice is entirely just me. 

And, unfortunately, the father of lies will sometimes toss thoughts into my head that I know aren't my own in an effort to discourage me.  But I ignore them.  Since he can't speak truth anyway, I do realize the illusory nature of them.

These voices have been with me my whole life long, and I never thought that I would receive another.  But last night, with our blessed wedding day being only 66 days away, I was pondering something to which I could clearly hear Michael's loving voice respond.  His response was full of love and full of protection over me.  A moment later, I knew just what I should do.

Thank you, God, for the gift of Yourself, Your Mother, my earthly parents, and my future husband.  All of you are in my heart and in my MIND!!  :)