Monday, April 30, 2012

Our Couch Gets a New Look for Only $5!

Michael brought many good things to our relationship.  One of the things he contributed was this couch!  Prior to having Michael in my life, I had no couch.

Truly, I didn't.

I didn't feel like spending the money on one; and, frankly, I was much more enamored with the brightly colored, funky vintage chairs that I've collected over the years.

So my living room was never really comfortable.

Truly, it wasn't.

When Michael moved in after our wedding day, this wonderful red couch (which he bought in Germany and had mailed to the States) made its grand appearance.  I liked the warm, red color, but I wasn't a huge fan of the black circular pillows that dotted its terrain.  So I removed them.  And he didn't seem to notice.  :)

Truly, he didn't.

For the last 10 months, we've had an all-red couch.  But recently, as we've been redesigning our house in preparation for Baby's debut, I've been going through closets, reorganizing, and cleaning.

In the process, I found a handful of chair pads that I'm no longer using and planned to discard.  However, I also found a handful of funky pillow cases that I picked up for $1 each at an international art store's warehouse sale about 2 years ago.

So, I had a creative moment.

Truly, I did. :)

I tried stuffing the chair pads into the pillow cases...and they fit perfectly!  And then I put them on the couch, since the fabrics are similar.

So, for just $5, our German couch got a brand new, uplifted Springtime look.  What do you think?