Friday, July 27, 2012

So excited for my new (vintage) Coach bag to arrive!!

I have a thing for handbags, you know.

Given that I have so many of them, I'm very particular about what new pieces I add to my collection.

They have to be, in my opinion, very unique and--now that I'm older--ready to withstand the test of time.

With Baby Goddard due to arrive between 2 and 6 weeks from now (and with me to soon be a stay-at-home mom), there is no money in our budget for frivolous handbag purchases.

And there won't be.

Understandably.

But the vintage Coach 9019 bucket bag has caught my eye these past several months.  It came out in 1997, when I was a mere high school senior.

I was oblivious to it back then, but since this past April, I have been sopping up my drool for this bag.  Then, finally, today I found my ticket to indulge in its purchase!

To a twentysomething girl for $135, I sold my white Ibanez electric guitar.  She found my ad on Craigslist earlier this week, and so we met today at Starbucks.  Cha-ching!

Then I promptly searched through eBay and Etsy to find the best deal on this handbag in British tan.

I purchased it for exactly $68, meaning that the remaining $67 could go directly into our savings.  A good compromise, right?

Michael was happy.  And so was I.  :)