Saturday, July 28, 2012

We Have Found Our Little Stable!

Only God's timing is utterly perfect.

This week, on the Feast of Saints Anne and Joachim (July 26th) the prayers of our family were finally answered.

We found a place for me to give birth!

Yes, on the feast day of Jesus' grandparents (these being Mary's parents), Michael and I found our little stable.

How beautiful that I should finally find a practice and hospital that is comfortable with our birth plan on a day that we celebrate the lives of Mary's parents. 

It makes me think of my own parents who have been with me every step of the way, helping me to discern where I should give birth.  And while switching obstetrical care at 34 weeks might seem a little late, it is better late than never!  God has had it on my heart from the beginning that I ought to switch, but I just delayed in truly discerning.  Thank you, God, for your patience with me!

My dear reader, please rejoice with me!