Friday, October 05, 2012

Liam's First Daily Mass and 30 Minutes of Adoration!

To celebrate Liam turning one month old on the Feast of the Guardian Angels, we decided to go to daily mass across the street!  What a way to show God our thanks!

It was Liam's idea.  He woke me bright and early, then had this look about him that we out to get out of the house and try something new.

Even though it was pouring rain outside, it was warm out and everything smelled fresh and awesome.

So I carried him across the street, and he was GREAT at daily mass.  We sat in the back, and he was as quiet as a church mouse.  When I went up to receive Communion, Father O'Blaney blessed little Liam on the forehead.

Afterward, many parishioners fussed over him and congratulated me!  The woman who I've blogged about previously and who gives out tiny roses from her garden gave us three of them, presumably because we are a family of three now!

Then yesterday (the feast day of St. Francis of Assasi, which is Michael's patron), I took Liam to Adoration for the first time!  Once again, his behavior was golden!  We sat in the back of the church; and, when he got hungry, I put on my udder cover and allowed him to nurse.  We stayed for 30 minutes (which is pretty good for a young wee one!) and when the 3 o'clock Mercy Hour began, we prayed the whole Divine Mercy Chaplet with the elderly people in attendance.

Throughout the day, I text Michael to share with him what Liam and I are up to.  Michael's response to us going to Adoration was, "I wish I could go with you."  I assured him that he was there with us in spirit!