Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Liam's Patron, St. William!

This morning my friend Channing enlightened me to something so very beautiful!  She told me that our little Liam was born on St. William's Feast Day!  This is so amazing because Liam is a shortened, Irish form of the name William!  Only God could have orchestrated this!

Channing and Liam share the same birthday of September 2nd, and this is how she knew it was St. William's Feast Day.  Incredible! 

I found this amazing because, on the day (August 31st) that I was to be induced at 39 weeks pregnant (due to pre-eclampsia), I remember tearfully searching through an online database of saint names and feast days in the hopes of finding some spiritual connection to whatever day our child might be born.

Of course, I didn't know the gender of our unborn baby at the time.  And I didn't know when our child would be born exactly.  But I couldn't find any particular connection to anything special at the time.

But now that Channing told me this, I returned to the online database to check.  And, sure enough, indeed it is the feast day of St. William!  How incredible that our baby boy should be born on his patron's feast day.  Amazing!!

St. William was a priest who was the court chaplain of the King of England & Denmark and who later became bishop of Roskilde, Denmark.  He was a strong proponent of the Sacrament of Reconciliation and of doing penance.