Monday, December 31, 2012

My Favorite Leather Boots

Who drives 125 miles for the perfect leather boot?  This girl!!

I spotted these riding boots at my local DSW, but they didn't have my size.

The leather was SO SUPPLE, and the warm honey brown color is so rarely seen, in my opinion.

I went online to see if I could find the shoe for cheaper, but I could find it NOWHERE.

Michael suggested that I call around to see if I could find a DSW store that had my size.

As I did, I came to learn that boot had just moved to the clearance section, and this is why so few sizes were available.

Finally, I called the corporate office directly.  They were able to instantly check the clearance rack inventories of all the DSW stores in a 100 mile radius.

Although none in my size were within 100 miles of our zip code, Michael reminded me that we were soon to spend 2 weeks visiting his family in New Jersey and that I ought to have them search by his parents' zip code.

Lo and behold, one pair was left in the state of New Jersey, and it was only 23 minutes from his parents house!  I couldn't believe it!!

I wore the boots on Christmas Eve with a pair of camel-colored cable knit tights and an oatmeal-colored sweater dress.  Thank you, Jesus, for this clearance rack find!