Thursday, February 07, 2013

Tough Like Daddy


I feel like I want to memorialize this little sleeper before I pack it away.   

I want to honor it, celebrate it, and thank it for all its hard work and resiliency, enduring more leaks of poop, pee, and spit-up than any other garment in Liam’s life thus far.

The unfortunate pattern repeated itself so often that it got to the point where every time I dressed Liam in the little truck sleeper, I just KNEW we would have a massive diaper explosion that day – and sure enough we would.

But tonight, as I pack away this favorite little outgrown sleeper, I can smile.  Not a stain is on it, thanks to an amazing little product by BabyGanics called “Stain, Stain, Go Away.”  

Or maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe the stain remover was just a placebo.   Maybe it's because this little sleeper believed in himself.  Maybe it was no coincidence that, embroidered at the top, it says, in all capital letters, "TOUGH LIKE DADDY."  Oh, yes, indeed.

Whether it was a chemical spray or a spirit of fortitude, something has saved the dignity of this little truck-themed sleeper and has made me hope that maybe, one day in the future, we'll get to use it again.  ;)