Saturday, March 02, 2013

2 Generations of Friendship

I can't believe February is over already.  Are any of you also thinking, Where did that month go?   My goodness!

One of the highlights of my February was a visit from Britta, my dear friend whom I'm learning I can't live without.  Ever since we both became pregnant with our boys at the same time, God's been giving us the chance to lean on and learn from one another in our shared vocation as wives and mothers.  I am so thankful for her!  And thank God I have unlimited texting.

And, no, I have no idea where my arm went. 


She probably stole it.  After all, moms are always wishing they had an extra arm.  :)

That's probably why she suggested we go to confession.  And this is why our backdrop here is a breadth of polished wood:


Just kidding. 

Really, we're in the waiting area at the Tomato Pie Cafe.  And we're knowing that we don't need menus 'cause we order the same thing every time.  Our boys sat wobbly in high chairs until neither of us could stand the risk any longer and scooped them up in our arms.  But it was our boys' first shot at it, and they rocked it.  Excellent attempt for a 4- and 5-month-old!

Her baby boy Luke is such a cuddle bug.  He was full of smiles when he saw us, and I couldn't get over how Liam and he greeted one another.  Britta missed it because she ran to the bathroom as soon as she entered the house, but I saw how Luke and Liam celebrated their reunion.  It was such a delight to see.  I felt certain that they recognized each other.


They look like they're gonna be best buds.  :)