Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chewable Jewels

Mom Trend Alert: wearing all-natural teething necklaces!

Mine is vintage; my grandmother used it with my dad! Yes, those are his bite marks on the sterling silver. :)

My wonderful Aunt Paula was kind enough to save this treasure for me and give it to me this past summer at my baby shower.  Although I knew this was a treasured family heirloom, I didn't realize then how very MUCH I'd enjoy it!

I strung it on a long chain, and Liam just LOVES to play with it and nibble on it when he's sitting on my lap. 

Of course, with it being Lent and all (and with me having given up jewelry), we've only been able to have fun with the teething pendant on Sundays and yesterday's feast of St. Joseph.  I can't wait to wear it more, once Easter is here!

In the meantime, I've ordered some other fun treats to enjoy this season:  an emerald green necklace and a funky, yellow-and-gray bracelet from Chewbeads. 

They're made of soft, non-toxic silicone beads, and they're perfect for babies' gums and emerging teeth.  They can be easily cleaned with dish soap and water, and they're also dishwasher safe!  There's no BPA, PVC, or other strange acronyms in the mix.  They're free of cadmium and lead, and their necklaces have a breakaway clasp for added safety.  The necklaces make a great sensory tool to help your baby focus while nursing, and the bracelets are a colorful reminder of the side on which you've last nursed.  :)

Order some chewy bling for yourself at Chewbeads.com!  I'm on pins and needles, waiting for mine to arrive.  :)



If bright, bold colors aren't your thing, try Etsy.com for all-natural Baltic amber teething jewelry!