Saturday, March 23, 2013

Doggie Doorbells

With all that goes on in our house these days, our golden retriever Macy sometimes has a challenging time getting our attention when she needs to go out.

Rather than putting her in the position of having to become a pest in order to get my attention, I thought this addition on our doorknob might make communication more easy.

So far, though, she hasn't used it.  And, most of the time, I find myself gingerly opening the door, trying not to shake the bells, all because little Liam is napping and I don't want him to wake.

And I suppose the reason why I always find myself putting Macy out when Liam is napping is because THAT is probably when I finally notice her, since my hands are then finally free.  Poor girl!

God bless you, Macy, for your patience with me.  You have a mother's heart, and it is beautiful.