Thursday, April 04, 2013

Happy Easter 2013

A blessed Easter to you! 

We get to celebrate this awesome liturgical Easter season for 50 DAYS!  I had no idea that the Easter celebration lasted that long.  For some reason, I thought it was a mere 8 days.  I guess that's because of the whole "Octave of Easter" expression that I keep hearing.  But I'm so glad I was wrong!  Thank you, Channing, for setting me straight.  It's time to party and feast like never before!  He is risen!!

As I bite into a chocolate chip cookie this morning in celebration, I must apologize:  I'm sorry it has taken me a bit to get back online and blog.  I've missed y'all terribly, so it's very good to be back.  What has kept me from writing the last few days has been ordinary things like:  unpacking from our trip, spending quality time with my hubby and son, creatively squeezing meals out of our nearly food-less kitchen, and doing humongous piles of laundry.

These are not excuses.  A girl who writes NEEDS her writing fix and feels unsettled without it.  But I admit it:  it felt kinda cool to say, "You know what?  Writing can wait.  I'm going to live a little." 

And I did.  I lived a little bit more of this ordinary, simple, wonderful life.  And because I didn't write, I got in bed on time.  It felt awesome.

I can't wait to share with you our Easter activities, but for now, I must get ready for a trip to the grocery store, our upcoming hour of Adoration, and the necessity of calming myself before a trip to the doctor's. 

I ask for your prayers, please, as we begin the investigation of why I still have low-grade dizziness.  It's been my constant companion since giving birth.  Please pray for me to have bravery, courage, trust in the Lord, and good health.