Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Life Right Now

This is my life right now.  First, I sleep in.  Then, I wake up to this cuteness:


Liam squeals excitedly when he sees me, then tells me to help myself to the hot porridge in the crock pot.  He's already changed his diaper and dumped out his toys.  And goodness, he hopes his playing didn't wake me up.  Did it?  He's been up since 5:30 AM.

Macy tells me she has already eaten breakfast, enjoyed a stroll around the neighborhood, and started a load of laundry for me.  Liam then briefs me on the day's news, while Macy hands me the morning newspaper, along with a piping hot cup of coffee.  Liam brings me my planner and then points to the essentials: daily mass is in 5 minutes, a checkup with the pediatrician is after that, lunch is at Noon, and we have a play date in the park immediately after the library read-aloud. 

"When is nap time?" I inquire, still rubbing my eyes. 

Oops, he forgot to schedule one.  Again.  Oh well.

And the highlight of our day?  Precisely what is covered in bright yellow:  Daddy coming home.  :)