Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Self-Contained

The other day, in the rush to quickly clean up the house before we had guests, I scooped up the toys, threw them into our giant basket, and ran for the vacuum cleaner.

I dusted, I swept, I cleaned, and I scrubbed.

And then suddenly it dawned on me:  WHERE WAS LIAM?!


Oh my gosh!  I must have inadvertently scooped him up and threw him into the basket with the toys!  Oops!  But there he played, happy and content...and very self-contained.  It made me realize...why bother with expensive Pack 'n Play's and why bother to baby-proof your home?  Just throw your kid into the toy basket and watch him play and grow, kind of like a plant in a pot.  This makes child-rearing easy!  I don't know why I didn't think of this before.  :)



This is a happy Liam, realizing that all of his favorites are well within reach.  :)