Saturday, August 10, 2013

Yay for Being Safe and Natural

I finally did it!  I removed all products from our household that contain scary, hormone-affecting chemicals.  Here's a few of my favorites that I picked up from our local health food store:


Our shampoo, bar soap, hand soap, laundry detergent, sunscreen, bug spray, and stain remover are all fragrance-free and natural.  In particular, I love that the sunscreen is physical instead of chemical, meaning that it is not absorbed into the body but rather sits atop of the skin and remains there.

We avoid high fructose corn syrup.  We avoid partially hydrogenated oils.  No longer do we eat veggies or soup from cans, since NBC's Dateline recently revealed that harmful chemicals from the lining of cans are causing hormone changes and anxiety in lab rats.  We don't store food in plastics, and Michael microwaves his lunch at work only in glass.

With vinegar and water we've been washing windows, floors, sinks, tubs, and toilets since before Liam was born, and I pray that these environmental changes will keep us happy and healthy in the years to come.

Have I missed anything?  Please share your wisdom!  Email me at MichaelAndLisaGoddard@gmail.com.