Friday, October 18, 2013

Feeding the Ducks

After daily mass this morning, Liam drove his little blue car to the park to feed the ducks. 

I tagged along behind him.

I didn't realize this was the plan until he pointed and waved for me to please stop pushing him so that the car would park right in front of a whole gaggle of them at the base of big oak tree.

The ducks were laughing and playing and swimming, and they seemed quite happy to welcome us.

And although I didn't think to bring a loaf of bread with us, Liam improvised. 

He immediately started sharing his Cheerios, which was an idea that went over well with everybody.

Before we knew it, we had every duck in the park, crowded around us, eager for breakfast.   And when his little container of Cheerios was empty, Liam's sleepy face told me that he had done what he wanted to and was ready to go home.

Who says a 13-month-old can't share?  :)