Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Things to Avoid: Chemicals that are Hormone Distruptors

Back on March 25th, my mother called me up and told me to quickly turn on the TV.  She wanted me to watch the NBC Dateline report called "Hormone Disruptors."  The report revealed that chemicals found in everyday objects can negatively affect our health.

The presentation was compelling, and I haven't been able to forget about it since.  Certain chemicals, they said, are causing people undue anxiety (among other things).  And, as I saw an increase in anxiety among my friends and previously within myself, I couldn't help but want to immediately take to heart (and recommend to others) all the prevention suggestions mentioned in the report.

So here's a link to the video segment, if you're interested!  I definitely think it is worth your time watching!  You'll be amazed by what they uncovered!

  http://www.nbcnews.com/video/dateline/51320172#51320257


Ever since learning these things, Michael and I read labels and generally try to avoid those nasty chemicals.  Thank God our local health food store provides body wash, bar soap, hand soap, dish detergent, and laundry detergent that doesn't have nasty chemicals like parabens, sodium laurel sulfate, petrolatum, artificial colors, phthalates, and "fragrance," the last being a simple word with a whole lot of chemical meaning behind it.

We hope you'll be compelled to make the same changes around your home as we did!