Sunday, November 10, 2013

Waiting for the FedEx Guy

There's nothing more exciting than waiting for the FedEx guy to arrive.  It is absolutely thrilling.  

With certainty, I could say that the package was on its way.  The tracking report said it was loaded onto the truck at 7:15 AM.  So, it was just a matter of watching...and waiting.

No matter where I was in the house, my ears were attuned to the sounds of truck engines and tires, fully aware that the FedEx truck would be of medium size and sound.

The big brown UPS truck threw me off a few times.  He went down our street several times, and every time he did, I ran to the window.

But, finally--finally!--the FedEx guy arrived.  I was standing at the door to greet him.  And I almost gave him a hug!  And he knew that he had just made my day.  :)