Wednesday, January 08, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things

Michael rocked my socks off this Christmas.  He outdid himself and blew me away.  He was generous and he managed to catch me by surprise.  (Wow, he really does listen to me throughout the year!)

One of my top two favorites:  this incredible handbag from J. Crew. 

He knew I had been admiring it for two years now, and I can't believe it's here!  The leather is so soft and supple.  It's the PERFECT size and functions as both a diaper bag and a handbag. 

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I don't think I'll be needing any new handbags for a VERY long time.  This one is built to last, and I'm looking forward to it showing signs of good lovin' and lots of wear.  This one fills the bill.  Hook, line, and sinker.  :)

And then.  And THEN.  He gave me this!!  The most sought-after lens by portrait photographers:  a 50 millimeter lens with a 1.8 f-stop.  I think I screamed.  Or maybe I cried.  I can't remember because I was shocked beyond belief...and stood there holding it in disbelief.

So how was my gift-giving to him this year?  Probably not as good as last year.  Last year I surprised him with 12 gifts I couldn't wait for him to unwrap, each of them specialty items I had found on Etsy and which seemed to relate to each of his varied interests. 

But after Christmas last year, he made me write in my planner that I'd remember to scale back this year and not buy him so much.  And so I did.  And we both agreed to his rule.  And then he went and broke his own rule.  :)

Thank you, Michael, for your generous heart.  I love you so much.