Friday, February 06, 2015

The Little Car Beside My Shampoo Bottle

I took a shower last night, and--as I reached down to pick up my shampoo--I smiled to see a little green car hanging out beside it. 

This house is blessed with the presence of a little boy, his toys and cars are in every corner.  Nothing has been the same since he arrived, and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Seeing his little toy car beside my shampoo bottle made me recall the many times I prayed to God in this shower, begging that He may one day gift me with the blessing of motherhood.  I used to talk to my future children in this shower when I lived here alone, hoping that the idea of them in God's heart would one day manifest themselves into the creation of a new life.

And here I am with a wonderful husband and two children, one to be born any day now.  God, thank you for your generosity!