Monday, June 23, 2008

Nevada & Oklahoma

I think the states of Nevada and Oklahoma are competing for my attention. They keep calling my celly!

This week Oklahoma made the Wednesday night cut-off by calling then to inquire about my weekend plans. I don't answer, of course, but isn't that how it's supposed to go anyway?

Unlike the boy I was hanging out with last night, Nevada called me to make sure I got home safely. (Obviously, he doesn't like me hanging around with Pennsylvania.)

Oklahoma usually calls in the afternoon and less frequently. But, to his advantage, he's already a bit closer to me than Nevada is... by 1,068 miles.

Are these just new travel tourism strategies of the state's public relations? Are they just seeking me for my consumerism dollar? Or should I interpret these personal phone calls as sincere interest?

I thought regular boys were confusing, but states are even harder to figure out.