Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Dilemma (in the form of an adorable fireplace mantel)


So I'm trying to figure out a way to get a beautiful robin's egg blue fireplace mantel from Granby Street in Norfolk to my digs on East Main Street in Ephrata.

The lovely thing is only $50, and she has character. But she's an antique, so how can I ask her to travel some 300 miles herself?

I've been trying to find a solution to my problem for 2 weeks now. PakMail charges an arm and a leg to get it here. UPS can only ship it if it's been disassembled, and it apparently can't be. So, in desperation, I have come to you, dear reader, for a bit of creative help. Pictured above is Paul, the kind custodian of the mantle who put her out on the street the day our car whizzed by -- and I fell in love.

Please...give me some ideas...how can I get her here to grace my wall?