Thursday, July 31, 2008

Faithful Friends

Yesterday I was blessed with the amazing discovery that one of my colleagues has the potential to be a very good friend to me! I have worked with her all year, but it was only yesterday that we decided to do lunch and actually talk about things unrelated to work.

She gave me the tour of her new ADORABLE house (that her and her husband purchased a few months ago), and then we started talking...and soon realized that we were BOTH like-minded Catholics who were passionate about our faith!

I think we must have talked for 3 hours. And I was privileged to be the first person to EVER speak of Pope John Paul II's Theology of the Body to her. She had never heard of it before (which I found to be completely surprising, especially because of her well-developed faith), but I think she could tell from my excitement that it was something she ought to look into. It is just so completely BEAUTIFUL and it will forever change the way you view the dignity of the human person. Looking through the lens of TOB, this world becomes an even more beautiful place live!

I am just so thankful for the good people God has placed in my life and continues to place into my life. I love my Protestant bothers and sisters, but lately God has been surprising me with a few more Catholic ones. We all need each other and we can all grow from learning from one another, and I am just thankful that God is giving me so many opportunities to talk about my faith and LEARN.