Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Night at the Bonfire


Tonight my friend Jesse had a big bonfire out in his parents' backyard. I got there rather late, but so many people were there. It was a beautiful night for a bonfire, and--where his parents' house is located--there is little light pollution. So we just sat under the stars, and many people roasted marshmallows. Yum.

Around 11:15 when the bonfire was starting to smolder, I managed to convince 3 Johns that we ought to continue the night by going out dancing. Yay! Well, actually, it was 2 Johns and 1 Jose (but Jose = John, of course).

We danced and made the most of it, but I was disappointed to realize how hostile the club was. All the faces I saw were without smiles, and this was no doubt the stoic expression that comes from carrying the weight of pretension. Maybe it was because we were all wearing sunglasses as barriers, but there just wasn't any authentic human interaction (from my end). I was in the club, but I wasn't part of it.