Friday, July 04, 2008

A Priceless View...That's Paid For


No wonder my apartment rent has been steadily increasing. My landlord must know that I'm sitting on some pretty high re-sale value turf. Every 4th of July, I remember why I fork over a mortgage-equivalent payment for the other 11 months of the year. From my back deck, you can watch not one, not two, but THREE different firework shows simultaneously. And, if you count the pyrotechnic prowess of the handful of cute college-age boys that live in the building next to mine, there are FOUR.

One show is close enough to rattle my windows and palpitate my heart. The other two places are distant but still visually enjoyable, and I swear I once saw all 3 coordinate their send-offs.

Next year I am going to rent out my extra parking space and start charing for seats out on my deck! :-)