Sunday, November 30, 2008

Disenchanted with Pants


I'm so disenchanted with pants. They are no fun at all.

Perhaps my booty has suddenly gotten bigger or something, but I've finally been honest with myself in admitting that having my thighs wrapped in stiff denim sleeves is just not comfortable.

Nor do pants look good on me. They just hang there, boring as ever. My legs want to yawn, and whatever I'm wearing up top screams for disassociation.

I much prefer skits, dresses, long sweaters, and tights lately. They are so much more playful and light-hearted. By removing the typical element of pants, my fashion canvas suddenly has 50% more space to be creative.

Just because I have two stems doesn't mean they have to be separated and isolated from one another. We keep the breasts together, so why not give the legs the same opportunity for companionship?

Perhaps this is why I like mittens so much better than gloves.