Sunday, November 23, 2008

Prayer After a Party

I learned a lot on Wednesday night! I hung out with my friend Brooke and added these random factoids to my brain:

1. There is a time warp (that works to my advantage) between here and Brooke’s house because I actually arrived 10 minutes early. Unheard of!

2. Deer hunters shoot their game while sitting on beach chairs perched high up in the trees. Who knew?!

3. One can do more with shoulders than just cry on them. The shoulders of cattle are quite savory, in fact!

4. Like father, like son! :-)

5. Contrary to my former actions, November is a great time in which to press the “on” button for your car seat warmer. Doing so in the summertime will just roast your rump needlessly and cancel out the effects of the air conditioner.

6. RCIA class isn’t just for adults entering the Catholic faith anymore. In fact, recent studies show that ONLY ONE out of every 5 class attendees is actually SUPPOSED to be there.

7. No matter what your age, don’t leave an event without reciting the “Prayer After a Party” to thank God for the snacks, soda, and socialization.