Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sleep Crashes Me into the Wall!


I stayed home from work today. Last night's events went late and my little mind kept thinking afterward, so I stayed up and organized all my things into this pretty vintage wooden desk that is painted white. I just got it for $20 at a flea market! What a precious find!

So I decided to treat my body well today with a little R&R. I stayed up when I got back from dropping off my lesson plans for the substitute, got a rare breakfast treat from MacDonald's (not that the sandwich itself is rare but that my getting one is), and then I came home and did some early morning Skyping with a colleague and two friends from New York City. I'm addicted to video chatting!

Around 10:30 AM, I crawled into bed, savoring the chance to crawl under those blankets in the mid-day! I strategically turned my apartment heat off so that I could enjoy the blessed contrast between the warmth of my bed and the slight chill of the air in here.

But around Noon I woke up with my head feeling cold, so I decided to quickly dash out to fetch a cozy hat to wear while sleeping. In my efforts to be quick, I neglected to realize that my body might be a tad groggy, and--while I did successfully make it out of the bedroom--I dashed straight into the hallway wall. Crash!

THAT certainly woke me up. And it almost landed a big picture frame on my head!

Speaking of grogginess, do you want to hear something odd? In my long list of things I'm looking for in a prospective mate, I'm actually hoping that he won't get groggy too often. I like a guy who falls asleep slowly and wakes up quickly. Is that weird?