Saturday, February 28, 2009

Back to Being Happy

In case you were wondering, I truly am back to being my happy self again. It is a relief, honestly.

Beginning in the summertime and worsening in late November, December, and January, I hit an all-time low that I never before experienced in my life.

It was an internal struggle, a deep sadness that was pervasive. For the first time in my life, I think I actually experienced depression.

But all that has ended!

And it was all because of a conversation I had with my friend David on February 7th. He wasn't trying to cheer me up; in fact, he was joining me in my pervasive sadness. To this day, he has no idea how pivotal that conversation was to my life. That conversation prompted me to defend beautiful things like faith, hope, love, idealism, and dreams, and the passion that burned within me for these things helped me to realize that I had never lost them.