Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday Night Lights

This girl doesn't do Friday nights. I like to keep my Fridays light.

In the last year or so, I've had to make a promise to myself. Do not--under any circumstances--make plans for a Friday night during the school year.

The rational is this: You're too tired. You're spent from a 60-hour week at work.

The directive is this: Do nothing but go home. Sleep, eat, sit on the couch, clean the apartment, or do laundry. Do ANYTHING but go out.

But occasionally my mid-week self will try to break that rule. I'll say yes to something when I'm either feeling well-rested or jovial. And then, when Friday night gets here, I cancel.

And then sometimes I'll accept, cancel, accept something else, and then cancel that something else all in one work week. Horrendous.

So please, if you're going to ask me out, don't make it for a Friday night! I promise to be a much better date on Saturday. :-)