Friday, March 20, 2009

Thank you & good-bye, Winter!

So today is the first day of Spring!

And while I am certainly glad about that, I'm not yet ready to put away my coats, scarves, and boots.

Do I really have to stop wearing them?

Instead of romancing Springtime as people usually do on this day, I think today I shall honor Winter.

I honor her for blessing me with the chance to feel cozy, to cuddle up (even if it has only been with my doves), and to create things from yarn (as I did with some of the art projects I had going around my apartment).

I will stretch out--for as long as I can--my Winter. It's not because I like to feel cold (because, ohmygosh, I do not!) but there is a special flavor to Winter that can be found nowhere else on the calendar.

It's the time of year when I feel most alone...and thus most sentimental, most reflective, most theological, most internally present. It's also the time where I enjoy my wardrobe the most, perhaps because I wear so much of it!

Thank you, Winter, for a great season. See you next year!