Thursday, April 16, 2009

Getting Goosed!

As most of you know, I have a penchant for pale, puffy poultry & their precious posteriors. I suppose it is because I grew up with several white birds as pets. I have loved a white quail, a white farm duck, and even a white chicken. I even dated a guy for a year because he had a beautiful white Silkie chicken! And presently, of course, I love my two white doves!

Each morning on the drive to work, I slow down to glimpse the waddles of a gaggle of white geese who gather in this certain corner of a particular farm I pass. It is the most enjoyable part of my daily commute! I seriously can't get enough of them. They're such beautiful creatures!

So, earlier this month, when my friend Andy mischievously decided to play an April Fools joke on me (by telling me that he had adopted a big goose which was now living in a pen in his backyard), my jubilant excitement overshadowed any ability I had to recall that it was presently April 1st.

In fact, I was so excited that I began to beg and then to demand that he please let me come over that evening to meet her!

I spent the whole day under a gleeful but false impression.

And when the truth came crashing down that night within just 3 hours of it becoming April 2nd, so with it went my emotions!

But instead of coming home and feeling sorry for myself, I decided to watch a PowerPoint slide show that my friend Shawn had assembled for me over the summer. He had collected over 50 photographs of nothing but bird butts for me, and it absolutely made me laugh and feel fantastic!

In the meantime, I will keep saving my money. As soon as I can afford my own backyard, I will get a white goose!