Sunday, April 26, 2009

Meeting the Birthday Massacre!

Friday night was amazing!!!!!! I saw the Birthday Massacre in concert!!!!! I even hung out with the lead singer for a bit afterward!!! Eeeeek!! So exciting!! :-)

The Birthday Massacre is a synth-goth band from Ontario, and they normally tour in Europe. So when I found out that they were coming to Philly, I ordered my tickets right away!!

They performed at Club Polaris. When we got there, I deftly maneuvered my way past all the Goth kids, and by the conclusion of the third band's set, I had strategically worked myself right up to the edge of the stage. Yay! I was so close that it felt like she was singing directly to me! And in the above picture, I think she actually was!

I have seen many, many great concerts in my lifetime (and if I showed you my list, I am sure that you'd be surprised and impressed with the varied artists), but I'm thankful to say that in the last 8 months I've experienced my Top 3!

Well, actually, 3 are tied for FIRST place. So, in first place is LaCrae's performance at the Philadelphia block party in September. Also in first place is Flyleaf's set at Revelation Generation in August. And, also taking home the blue ribbon is the Birthday Massacre concert I attended on Friday. What a special year this has been for music in my life!

Chibi was just as excited to see us as we were to see her! She was silly and goofy and all about interacting with her audience. :-) The band had great chemistry, too, and played off each other constantly. The music was phenomenal, and I was thoroughly entertained!

The bassist even bent down and let me pluck his guitar strings during the middle of a song -- and then patted my head as a thank-you! And the keyboardist walked over to me with his keyboard (over his head!) and even posed for me so that I could get the perfect shot! Yay!

When the concert was over, we hung out with Chibi for a bit afterward! So much fun!!

Now today my calves are killing me -- from all the jumping I did at their show! Hahaha.

Check out the short video clip I uploaded to YouTube of the band's performance!

Click here to watch my video!