Monday, October 12, 2009

Taking the Risk

I'm going to take a risk with my health.

No, I'm not going to take up smoking cigarettes. I'm not getting a tattoo or a piercing. I'm not giving plasma or starting up a promiscuous lifestyle. And I'm not going vegan or donating a kidney.

What I'm about to do has the potential to be even more risky than all of that.

Why? Because the manner in which I take this risk will be from a horrible and filthy location in the worst possible area. And I plan to take the risk again, and again, and again. Only illness will stop me!

This platform, from which I will take my risks, is said to be the very most dangerous and dirty place that could ever be regularly encountered by a person.

It is laden with germs, many of them being the scary, deathly kind.

This environment I speak of, dear reader, is....gasp!...THE KITCHEN SINK.*

Here's what I plan to risk daily: I'm going to wash and rinse dishes immediately after I use them.

This means they won't be submerged in scalding hot soapy water for 10 minutes. Indeed, I am taking this risk a-la-bachelor, which seems to work fine for my single male counterparts.

By taking this health risk on a daily basis, it is my hope that I will walk the fine line between having no dishes to do and acquiring salmonella poisoning. Wish me luck.

*The kitchen sink and counter top really, truly are the filthiest places you encounter regularly. More worse than the toilet or bathroom tub, the surfaces in the kitchen seem to always harbor dangerous bacteria from raw egg yolk drips to raw meat juice sprays. Be careful!