Friday, November 06, 2009

A Tissue Issue

Today I officially filed a complaint with the Kimberly-Clark Corporation.

It was long overdue. I have felt passionately about this tissue issue for almost 5 years now.

You might recognize this name as being the makers of toilet tissue and paper towel dispensers in most public restrooms.

They are the competitors of Scott and Georgia-Pacific, the brands I will probably speak to next. :-)

Here's a copy of the letter I sent them today:

Dear Kimberly-Clark Corporation:

In all of the ladies' restrooms I have been in, I feel the toilet tissue dispenser is mounted much too low on the stall wall.
We women have to stretch and twist our arms down and then up into the dispenser to grasp the toilet tissue.

In addition to this maneuver being uncomfortable, we also have very little space between the dispenser and the floor in which to adequately wad together the tissue paper.

The risk of the paper accidentally touching the floor is increased because of the dispenser's close proximity to the floor.


Can you please recommend that your product be mounted higher on restroom stall walls?

Thank you!

Sincerely,
A Concerned PA-Based Teacher