Friday, January 08, 2010

Oh, how gold shines! :)

I made a delightful discovery this morning while walking Macy in the sunlight (due to a 2-hour snow delay).

For the past few weeks, I've been walking my beloved golden retriever down none other than GOLDEN STREET!

How appropriate! :)

Each day, I really look forward to and love our daily walks around the neighborhood.

I don't think I've ever experienced Winter in such an immersed way since my childhood. To be out in the brisk cold morning, afternoon, and night air is so refreshing!

I love the daily exercise of our quick walks and sometimes jogs, and it has been fun to watch how my neighborhood moves and breathes with the weather and people that live within it.

Last night around 9 PM, I snuck Macy into my classroom. She sniffed around as I worked on lesson plans.

We walked around the building together (sans leash), and the best part of the night was when I threw a tennis ball down the longest corridor, and she eagerly chased after it and brought it back to me!

Oh what fun that was! We must have played fetch about a dozen times!

Here is a picture of my adorable Macy, all dressed up in her winter gear!