Saturday, February 13, 2010

Be Not My Valentine

The Feast of Saint Valentine is usually a reminder of your singleness.

Some call it "Singles Awareness Day," and, certainly, there are none more acutely aware than the single people themselves.

With Saint Valentine's Day happening tomorrow, I paused tonight and wondered, "Who shall be my Valentine?"

But--just as I began to consider Macy, my beloved dog who is the delight of my heart--something profound dawned on me!

As a result, I have some delightful news to share, especially for everyone that's single. Here it is:

Since St. Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday this year, it is SUPPRESSED. This is because Sunday always takes presidence over feast days.

So, according to the Church calendar, the Feast Day of St. Valentine is NOT celebrated this year, thus removing tons of pressure from half-couples everywhere.

So now I don't have to be sad about not having a Valentine! Thank you, Jesus!