Wednesday, February 03, 2010

The Heaven of My Bed

Last night I was decidedly naughty. I did something I probably shouldn't have.

But it felt so good, and it felt so right.

I was all warm and cozy, and it was cold and snowing outside. I had gone to bed early, and so I had this peaceful joy upon me -- the kind that comes upon you when you're about to indulge in something relaxing and delightful. I also suspected that my night's slumber would be extra long; the assurance of a 2-hour delay the following morning was almost certain.

So, I changed into my cozy, cloud-covered flannel pajamas, washed my face and brushed my teeth (forgetting, of course, to floss first). And then...I did it.

I stacked a bunch of pillows beside my bed and motioned for Macy to join me on the mattress!

She knew right away what I was up to. Her entire body wiggled with glee. She paused for a moment, as if to ask, "Are you sure you want this? Do you realize the precedent you will be setting?"

I irresponsibly thought nothing of the days that would follow and...nodded. :)

With a happy leap, she was on my comforter...and we snuggled up together and slept the whole night in the heaven of my bed.