Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A Beautiful Way to Wake Up :)

I almost forgot to tell you, dear reader, about the extraordinary way that I woke up on Easter morning!

At 4:10 AM, I was awoken to the beautiful sounds of a brass band outside of my house!  Yes, there were literally TRUMPETS announcing the good news of Christ's resurrection with the sounds of that beautiful hymn called, "Jesus Christ is Risen Today!"

As soon as I heard the sounds, I flew to the window and excitedly threw it open.  When the musicians were done with their performance, I yelled out, "That was awesome!" to which they replied, "He is risen!!"

Then they all piled into a van and drove away.

How random!  And how delightful!  And I have no idea who they were!  I'm very sure I was the only person on my block who saw them.

As I closed my window, hugged my dog, and crawled back into bed, I began to cry.  This Easter morning surprise was just another blessing of living in this amazing little town.  How fortunate I am to live in a community where God is loved so much!  I really am surrounded by good people, even if I haven't met them all yet.  :)