Thursday, April 15, 2010

Turn Sideways, Bend at the Knees, & Smile

We girls do something weird when our photo's about to be taken. 

Have you ever noticed?

We turn sideways, bend at the knees, and...smile.

I reflexively did this last night, when my friend Scott snapped a picture of the bunch of us.

Look at how the guys are looking all normal, but Angela and I are all sideways and squished!  So funny!

We were hanging out last night downstairs in the Knights of Columbus quarters.  Our young adult Catholic group meets there once a week to listen to a guest speaker and socialize afterward.  This week we watched a movie on the passion of St. Joan of Arc instead.

So why do we do it?  Why do we girls instinctively turn sideways and then bend at the knees when our picture's being snapped?  Is this learned social behavior or something?  I certainly do it unconsciously!  I ought to stop!  But how will I remember?!