Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Adorable Face that Wakes Me Each Morning

This, dear reader, is the adorable face that wakes me up every morning!

Macy will tap her precious tail on the frame of my bed until the sound begins to stir me.  Then she will nudge her nose at me from the edge of the bed.

The other day, since I was sleeping on the edge of the bed, she nuzzled her furry face close to mine -- but she did this gently and silently, so as to not startle me.

When my eyes opened, one of her big and gorgeous brown eyes was right there, peering into mine.  How funny and silly that we were looking at each other so closely!

Macy truly has the patience of a saint.  Even after she has woken me successfully, she's understanding if I need to sleep a little longer.  If I pet her on her head and promise not to stop, she will quickly grow content and silent...and eventually sleepy.  And, once she snuggles back onto her little pink-and-white-striped doggie bed (which is next to mine), I know I can snooze for another 30 - 60 minutes before she'll ask again if we can start our day!  :)