Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Love Before Sight

I don't believe in love at first sight.

I believe in love BEFORE sight.

I decided this, just tonight, because this is how my heart feels.

So, my dear future husband, I am already in love with the idea of you.

I love you because you were made for me, and I was made for you.

I love you because it will be natural and right and just what God willed for our lives and for our descendants.

I don't expect you to be handsome as the world defines it, but you will be irresistible to me.  I will treasure every year that we get to spend together.  And I do think that God will bless us with many!

I know you're not perfect, for neither of us are.  I will guard your weaknesses with my heart, and I will rejoice in your strength.

If we haven't met yet, worry not because we will.

If we have met already, then smile, because--in God's timing--we will both realize it.

While we wait, be assured that I give you my love, my dedication, my patience, my pure heart.