Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Love Carmel!! :)

When you say "Carmel" to a Catholic girl, she's not going to think of those little cubed candies.

She's going to think of Our Lady.  :)

Of course, I realize the spelling is different, but since the pronunciation and color that comes to mind are the same, the mix up could be possible, right?

Anyway, today is the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.  Today we celebrate that special day when Our Lady presented St. Simon Stock with the Brown Scapular, telling him that "all who wear it will not suffer eternal fire."

So, if you wear a Brown Scapular every day as I do, give it a little kiss -- and thank Our Lady for keeping watch over you.  And if you don't have a Brown Scapular of your own, call me up.  I'll mail you one.

Happy Feast Day, Mother.  :)