Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Over in an Instant

Please, dear Reader, never let me complain again.  Never let me question God's ways.

All of this could be over in an instant, and if it was, I would surely be content with everything He's given me.

Just a moment ago, I witnessed a car accident in front of my house.  I was sitting here at my desk, writing to you as usual, when I heard the screeching of wheels and then the loud sound of the impact.

I ran outside immediately and found a dazed man, still in his car.  Across the street was the car he hit.

As he got out of his car, I yelled over to ask if he was hurt.  I also yelled across to the couple on the other side of the street.  Fortunately, all 3 of them said they were fine.  Then I yelled to them all that I would call the police.

The police were here soooo quickly.  As one officer directed traffic and the other handled paperwork, I grabbed my broom and started to sweep up the mix of glass and plastic that was on the ground and my sidewalk.  Soon the tow truck came, and--within an hour--the whole thing was cleaned up.

What danger we place ourselves in when we drive!  How easily I forget to say a little prayer before I go somewhere.  Please, God, help me to remember.