Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Catholic Girl Gets Dressed :)


Good morning, world.

Today I shall wear the full armor of God.  I shall dress myself with the Belt of Truth buckled around my waist, with the Breastplate of Righteousness securely in place, and with my feet fitted with the Readiness that comes from the Gospel of Peace, in order that I might stand firm.

In addition to all this, I shall take up the Shield of Faith.  I will wear the Helmet of Salvation and carry the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

Underneath it all, there around my neck is the Brown Scapular, another shield of protection from Our Lady.

The weapons I shall fight with are not the weapons of the world.  On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.  My weapon shall be Prayer.

Inspiration gleaned from:  Ephesians 6:14 and 2 Corinthians 10:4-5.