Thursday, August 05, 2010

Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa & the Shrine of St. Katharine Drexel

Yesterday a bunch of us did a pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa in Doylestown, PA.  After that, we continued to the Shrine of St. Katharine Drexel in Bensaylem, PA.

I wasn't going to go, but little Samantha, a 16-year-old girl at my parish who I met last week during Vacation Bible School, literally knocked on my house door and begged me to go.  So I did!  And I'm so glad I went.

When we encountered this grotto, Sam and I simply HAD to get a photograph next to Our Lady of Lourdes and St. Bernadette, for we met when we were both cast in a play depicting this apparition of Our Lady!  Sam was Bernadette, and I was Our Lady.  Just scroll back to one my previous blogs, and you'll see us doing our little skit!

Click on any photograph to enlarge it!